The merger of 7 provinces of a religious order into a single European province.
An international religious order made up of 7 provinces in Europe, each one having its own governance, decided to merge these 7 provinces in a single European Province. The aim of the intervention is to consult to the representatives of the 7 provinces, who each speaks a different language, to design a 4 year strategic plan for this new entity and to transfer their authority to the newly elected Provincial and his Council.
- a 4 year strategic plan based on 5 strategic centralised actions
- a clarified mandate for the Provincial and his Council
- a clarification of roles and responsibilities of the 7 former provincials
How did we do it:
Nexus consulted to the preparation and the running of the chapter of this new province, which gathered around 40 participants coming from 8 different countries. Is this chapter, we have:
- enabled all participants to learn and connect to the activities and challenges occurring in each different region, by using an ‘Open Market’ methodology
- enabled these people to work together, with creative methods, on redefining their mission at a European level.
- facilitated group sessions in order to let emerge the main axes of strategic action for the 4 year to come
- facilitated the work on legislation, consolidating the strategic decision making through a governance accepted by all.